Aaron just sent me an e-mail with the subject "Depressing Fact Matt". His e-mail reads:Matt,
I had to share this depressing stat with you that my co-worker found today:
Phil Jackson teams are 45-0 in game five when they have won game one. The Lakers are 18-0 in game five when the series is tied.
Please write an article on DICKSIX refuting it. Thanks
-Dickman
Well Dickman, the numbers get worse. We haven't beat the Lakers in Los Angeles since January 2008. That means since the Grizzlies gave the Lakers Pau Gasol just weeks later, the Lakers are undefeated against us at home. History and statistics are a funny thing. A couple weeks ago the pundits said the Spurs were going to beat us, citing history as their best argument against us. We were down 2-0 against this Lakers team and reporters began asking what their game plan was going to be against Boston. Last I checked you have to win four to advance to the Finals (something that Boston is finding out). The fact of the matter is (oh Accounting 200) the Phoenix Suns have momentum. Since when does Steve Nash care about statistics? He doesn't. He cares about his team and they have an entire TEAM that is finding a way to win.
We are going to win tonight. I am looking forward to seeing ORNG tarnish Phil Jackson's perfect record. Beat LA!
K so I was wrong...but this series is not over yet!
ReplyDeleteThat got so depressing so fast... especially after that amazing comeback. I'm actually glad it was Artest that made the final shot rather than Kobe... or even worse.... Fisher (That would be the worst thing ever).
ReplyDelete