Sunday, November 4, 2012

I have a dream.....

Boys,

I remember a time when "half-sies" wasn't just another word, but a commitment to split a Little Caeser's Pizza....

I remember a time when sharing toothpaste and trimming each others' necks wasn't just a nice thing to do but a true sign of a gentleman....

I remember a time when winning at RBI meant everything even if you had to awake the sleeping giant (Matty boy) to do it....

I remember a time when all truth and girl gossip could be discussed openly and freely at an event known as "Man Talk"....

and I remember a time when the only thing we really had to worry about was whether we were watching Jurassic Park or the Office on a Friday night....

On that note, Bater and I had a chance to visit Provo last month and we thought it was about time to have an official DickSix Reunion in Provo this upcoming summer. We were thinking like a weekend trip where 6 grown men share a hotel room and spend a few days roaming our old stomping grounds, re-telling stories, watching Office episodes, swimming, etc.

Anyways, I know its hard to find a time that works for everyone so I wanted to send this out soon so we can hopefully get a date on the boards and make this happen!
Let me know!

Dickman

4 comments:

  1. Dickman,

    Count me in! We'll get halfsies, have Mantalk, read from the Gentlemen book, go through the quote board, play Smash Bros, pick each other up from Jamba's Landing and LJ Valet, and spend some time in the sauna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in as well! I think I still have some notes from previous Mantalks so add that to the list. And maybe even throw a Suns game in there..... well if they're playing a bad team so we can watch them win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone interested in meeting somewhere in Southern Utah to either camp or stay somewhere down there? I just thought it could be cool to do something more exotic:) Of course Provo is easy for me so I am game either way. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

    Also, when are we think of doing this? Memorial Day weekend? Labor Day weekend? I would probably throw out July 4th because we usually have family stuff, but other than that I am pretty open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamba - I think camping would be cool but might be tough for those like me and bater who are flying in to UT...not to mention there is a lot of prep that goes into it. However, as long as we spend a day roaming around Provo at some point, I'm cool with whatever.

    Regarding the timing of the reunion, I was thinking we should find a random non-holiday weekend (fly in Thursday and fly our Sun)in early summer (like the first week of June) when its easy to take off work. What does everyone think about the weekend of June 13 - 16th? I just want to get a date on the board.

    PS PRESS START YOU AAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete