Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thinking Beastly

First of all, please read this article:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20100511,0,1540646.column

“The Lakers swept this doubter completely off his feet, reduced me to a pillar of salt, knocked me directly into a setting Suns.” Are you kidding me? This guy Plaschke gets paid to write for a newspaper? This is all I am going to say about his horrible grammar. I daresay his basketball analysis is even worse:

“The Suns probably walked away from Monday's game thinking beastly,” he says. What in world does “thinking beastly” mean?! I have a pretty good feeling that the Suns were not surprised when the Lakers dismantled the Jazz on Monday. I mean, everyone knew the Lakers were going to win the series after they went up 3-0. The Suns are well aware that the Lakers are going to be a lot to handle. I sense that they have been “thinking beastly” about the Lakers for a while now.

I love how he quotes Artest not knowing about our team. "It's Stoudemire and Frye ... is it Frye?" asked Artest. I guess Artest hasn’t heard about how Frye has fit in with our team so well this year? I find this hilarious. Reminds of me of when Kobe didn’t know who Raja Bell was…

Plaschke goes on to say: “yeah, not much strength there, it will basically be Stoudemire matched against Gasol, Odom and the rested knee of Bynum, and it won't even be close.” Two things here: Number one, if you know anything about the Phoenix Suns, you know a huge reason their season turned around was because of the 7’ center Robin Lopez. This guy is not soft. Number two, if they think they don’t have to guard Channing Frye outside, they are in for a rude awakening. I am quite certain that they will know to guard Frye outside and when they do, Frye will bring defenders such as Gasol, Odom, and the rested knee of Bynum out of the paint to allow Amar’e to have more room.

“The Suns don't have the kind of power that can overcome a defense that held the Jazz to three baskets in 19 attempts in a first-half stretching, the Lakers outscoring the Jazz by 21 points during that time, stealing it early.” If there is one thing that the Suns have, it is offensive power. They have one of the best offensive teams in NBA history and they have been an offensive juggernaut since 2004. That is all I am going to say about this.

His last line reads, “Oklahoma City reminded them what it was like to play desperate. Utah reminded what it was like to play strong. Phoenix can do little to make them forget.” He must not know that the Suns thrive when they’re counted out.

Let’s play ball Phoenix.

5 comments:

  1. Dude, Matt - the more I read from that guys article the more mad I it made me. That guy was ridiculous!! Your comments made it all better though.

    I am a little nervous though I'm not gonna lie. There size scares me... other than that I think we've got them beat. Any updates on Lopez coming back??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! That was the WORST article ever! I am a little nervous too but very excited. We have nothing to lose and I honestly believe we have a shot of winning this. It is looking like Lopez will be back this series. He has been practicing with the team for a couple days now and unless he tweaks something he'll play. We need him for sure. I think as far as starters go, the Lakers have the advantage in match ups (but even then it's not much), but we have a deeper and more intense/clutch bench. The Suns need to play game 1 like it's an elimination game. A win there would be huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys...I'M SOOO EXCITED FOR MONDAY NIGHT! So this morning I was reading the AZ Republic Sports Page and read about Artest talking crap about Frye. I loved Frye's comment back to him "They can say whatever they want...and he's gonna know my name by the end of the series." hehe Thats so awesome!! GO SUNS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dickman! I just read that article and wanted to post it, it's so awesome!

    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/05/12/20100512phoenix-suns-los-angeles-lakers-favored.html

    I loved this part:

    You know (the Suns) were watching (Monday's Game 4 victory over Utah). But their star Steve Nash could only witness it on television with one eye shut. I saw it in person with 19,000 surprised fans screaming. Trust me, little dude, it was harsher than it looked.

    "I'm not sure what he means," Nash said. "Little dude? I didn't even see the game. I was doing something with my girls and then I actually fell asleep at 7 because I didn't sleep when I got home from San Antonio.

    "We've been counted out since last year. I don't know how my teammates feel but to me, I'm oblivious to it, really. . . . I don't really have time to think about what other people's opinions are."

    So good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to post this article too...

    http://www.downtownphoenixjournal.com/2010/05/13/suns-spot-western-conference-finals-preview/

    ReplyDelete